Friday, July 21, 2006

Salmon Cove

Yesterday, I dropped in to Salmon Cove Beach for about 30 minutes just to see if there was a crowd there on such a beautiful day. There were quite a few people enjoying the sun and "cool" water.

In the second photo I wanted to capture an image of a guy walking to an island just off shore. As you can see, it isn't very deep and there is a sandy bottom all the way out there. You will also notice the large quartz veins in the rock. You can barely see a few of the terns that make a home on the island.

I realize that my virtual tour of the Kittiwake Coast wasn't finished, but I wanted to show you that we do get visitors to our beaches.





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...