Monday, July 31, 2006

Moore's Cove

Moore's Cove is a tiny town at the end of a side road in Cottrell's Cove. I don't remember ever visiting this town before even though I visited this area several times in 1970s.

This is a scenic cove with several fishing stages/wharves that are well maintained. In fact, the stages and wharves are among the best maintained that I have seen in my travels so far this summer. I am sending two views that show three stages on one side, and another on the opposite side of the cove. The lobster pots indicate that lobster fishing in the area must be fairly good.

I walked around and on these stages to get the photos I wanted, and didn't see "No Trespassing" or "Private: Keep Off!" signs anywhere. When visiting other provinces, I am hesitant to walk around stages because of all the signs I see.

Later this week, I am heading to the west coast of Newfoundland and Labrador on a photo shoot. Then, I am heading to Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks. My Photo of the Day will stop from August 3 - August 21. When I have access to the Internet, I will upload photos to my Photo of the Day Blog, but it may be inconsistent during those three weeks.


1 comment:

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks Sue,

You may publish them on your web site with a link to www.lanephotography.com.

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...