Sunday, November 13, 2022

Flat Bay










Flat Bay

In 1993, I produced a video series on Mining in Newfoundland and Labrador for the Department of Education. One of the active mines we visited was in Flat Bay on the west coast of the island. Our videographer shot high-resolution video and I shot slides on Kodachrome 64 film. The slides were never used in the video series, but I am glad I shot them because a year or so after we were there. Recently, the mine reopened, and some gypsum was shipped out, but I am not sure if it is still in operation.

You can view the photos and follow the album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.564843485645221&type=3

Feel Free to Share!




 

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...