Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Holyrood Yard

Holyrood Yard

This is a friend's yard in Holyrood in the mid-80s.  I had been living in Holyrood for a couple of years and I asked her if it would be OK to grow a few vegetables in her yard (I had no good soil).  She agreed and I dug up a part of her yard and grew vegetables, which I shared with her at harvest time.   

The following year, I expanded it to the grassy area in this photo.  It was easy to dig because it was excellent soil that had been farmed by the family for years.  It has all grown in now.  As well, the shed in the background has been gone for many years!

Feel free to share with family and friends.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...