Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Renews-Cappahayden





Renews-Cappahayden

In case you have forgotten, I am over half way through a virtual tour of the Irish Loop around the southern Avalon and I have 12 more communities after today. There are two reasons why I am doing this. First, many of you told me that you enjoyed the tour of the communities along the Viking Trail on the Great Northern Peninsula, and it was only a natural progression to share photos from another part of Newfoundland and Labrador. Second, the Irish Loop Galleries haven't been updated for years and I wanted to add more and larger images. This series is an excellent way to achieve this goal.

Today's community is Renews-Cappahayden which is located 83 km south of St. John's. According to Wikipedia, the community has a rich history dating back to 1610. Today the community has a population less than 500.

I updated my Renews-Cappahayden Gallery and you can view the 21 photos at: http://www.lanephotography.com/irish_loop/renews/renews.htm

Feel free to share this link with your friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...