Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bahama Bay Resort - Florida 3










Bahama Bay Resort - Florida 3

Early the next morning I got up early and took another walk around Bahama Bay Resort near Orlando, Florida. The GPS actually called the area Davenport and the nearest Walmart Superstore was about a 5 minute drive from the resort and in Haines City. Technically we weren't in the city of Orlando, but I will call continue to call it the Orlando area.

As you can see from the photos, the Bahama Bay Resort is scenic and well kept. As we walked along the nature trails I made photographs of trees, ponds, a fountain, birds and a small alligator that was resting on a beach area in one of the ponds. Even though I saw the same type of birds that I had photographed previously in other parts of Florida, I didn't get an opportunity to photograph them because they were usually too far away. 
Like in other parts of Florida I have visited, there were many fire ants and their nests all around the park especially in the grass near sidewalks. After pointing several out to Sam, my grandson who will be 4 in September, he was a good spotter and regularly warned us not to step on them.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...