Saturday, March 09, 2013

Walking






Walking

You may say that I am a "walker", whether it be through the woods, towns, beaches or just about everywhere I go. For years I used to walk 3 km (2 miles) along the Salmonier Line every day but gave it up when traffic increased and drivers became more reckless, One day I was walking along facing traffic when a driver in a pick-up truck behind me passed another vehicle. He was so close that his mirror hit my jacket. I could hear traffic coming, but in my wildest dreams, didn't expect someone to pass that close to me, especially in a "no passing" zone! After that incident, I started taking my walks through the woods. Moose and coyotes are less of a risk than some humans behind the wheel of a vehicle!

The first photo this morning shows a young woman walking along the beach in Northern Bay Sands Provincial Park and the next, shows people walking the beach in Salmon Cove Sands Provincial park. These two parks are privately owned since the mid-90s when these photos were taken, and our government cut back on the number of parks they wanted to maintain.  The third shows a person walking along the shores of Quidi Vidi Lake in St. John's.

A man and his dog caught my attention in St. Shott's on the southern Avalon. At first glance I thought of an older gentleman enjoying a late afternoon stroll with his dog. But seconds later he stood up and aimed a gun towards a flock of small birds in the harbour. It was then I realized he was a hunter and the dog was retrieving birds he had shot.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...