Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green Heron and Red Cardinal







Green Heron and Red Cardinal

After the sun rose I continued walking while looking for other photographic subjects. I spotted a Green Heron on the bank of a small pond.. It was a little skittish, but I kept still long enough for it to get used to me. After a few minutes, it flew off but I managed to make a few images.

There were plenty of male red cardinals siniging to the rising sun. I made several images on one perched near the top of a tall tree. The reddish light of the sunrise emphasized the red feathers of the bird.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...