Friday, March 23, 2012

Birds of Florida
















Birds of Florida

This will be the last in my Florida 2012 series for now. I've been sharing a few of my favourite bird photos for the last 11 days and tomorrow will begin sharing images taken during my Western Caribbean cruise.

As you have probably figured out, Citrus park is a bird photographer's paradise with many species that live and hunt within the park's boundaries. Today's photos show birds that I saw during my morning walks, which began before sunrise and usually lasted around 2 hours. Since Everything's a Picture I always found photographic subjects no matter where I went.

The first photo shows a little blue heron that was walking along the edge of a pond looking for food. This one was too skittish and flew off as soon as I started to slowly walk towards it.

The second shows a wood stork that flew directly overhead. When I see birds flying I usually try to capture a few images as they fly by. While this may seem easy, it takes a bit of practice to find the bird in the viewfinder, focus, then shoot a couple of images that are crisp. Both the bird and my camera are moving which makes it difficult. I've also uploaded an interesting image of a glossy ibis in flight to my Blog this morning.

It was unusual to see a white egret sitting in a tree even though it was fairly early. As I approached this one it flew away, but not before I captured a few images. If you're interested, I've uploaded more photos of anhinga, red cardinals, white egret and a gallinule to my Blog today.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...