Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ferryland









Ferryland

Ferryland is a fairly small community with a population around 550. It is located along the Irish Loop on the Southern Shore of the Avalon Peninsula and is a historical community where visitors can view an ongoing archaeological dig as well as a museum with items dating back to the 16th century.

Today's photographs were taken on a beautiful clear day in 2006. I've been there fairly often and on a few occasions it was so foggy I could hardly see the beautiful seascapes in the area. On this day, however, I was able to make several interesting images of the waves crashing against the rocky cliffs. I'll share a few of those images in a new Seascapes Series I am planning to share later this year.

I plan to continue the Communities of Newfoundland Series for another week or so, then take a break for a couple of weeks. My Photo of the Day will then return with a brand new series.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...