Sunday, June 05, 2011

Houses

Publish Post



Houses

This week I travelled to Heart's Delight-Islington and drove around the small town with my father. As we drove, I photographed several houses and wondered if I had photographed them previously. When I got home I realized I had photographed a few when I drove through the town back in 2003. Tomorrow I will show "then and now" photos of a couple of them.

In recent years I have noticed that houses which were in bad shape a few years ago have been renovated, breathing new life into many communities. People say that many of the old houses were purchased by visitors from other provinces in Canada, the US and Europe who come here during the summers. Others have worked away for years and are now moving back to find work or, in many cases, to retire. Regardless of the reasons, I am glad to see the older homes being restored.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...