Monday, September 13, 2010

Water Drops






A couple of mornings ago I photographed water drops on broccoli leaves in my yard. All the broccoli plants grew but they didn't produce much broccoli - as the heads started to form, they also produced lots of yellow flowers. I started cutting the broccoli heads as soon as they formed, but that didn't help either. A local farmer said it may have been the seed and that it used to happen to his broccoli until he started buying seed outside the province.

You can see that the broccoli leaves are starting to change colour - another sign that Fall is just around the corner. Once again, these photos were taken with my new 70-300 mm lens which allowed me to get close views from a standing position.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...