Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Q - Quidi Vidi




I don't have a many photographic subjects that begin with the letter Q, but Quidi Vidi Village is a good one. When I went back to Memorial University to work on my master's degree in 1981, I lived fairly close to Quidi Vidi and photographed it often. In fact, back then the residents of the community protested the building of row housing. Their slogan was "Save Historic Quidi Vidi" and I have photos of the protests in my slide files. Needless to say, the residents lost and many houses have been built there since.

There are other images on this Blog taken in this scenic village in the east end of St. John's. Just search for Quidi Vidi. The images show icebergs around the area.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...