Monday, September 08, 2008

A - Alligator





Thanks to those of you who sent a message stating that you enjoy all my photos and look forward to them on a daily basis.

As promised, today is the beginning of a new Photo of the Day A - Z. I chose Alligator for a couple of reasons. First, it is an exotic animal for people living in northern climates and secondly, it is very dangerous. When I walk in the woods around here, the most I have to worry about is a coyote and I have never even seen one, though I have heard them a few times.

Other than the first image, the photos today were taken in the Everglades by the the side of a small road where nearly every small body of water had at least one alligator. I got close enough to take a photo of one alligator's nostril, but was very careful not to get too close to the bank of the river because there were several hungry-looking alligators there. I don't think I would walk around the Everglades like I do here in Newfoundland and Labrador. :)

I uploaded two additional alligator photos to my Photo of the Day Blog because I know some of you are on dial-up and it will take longer to download all 5 images. In the future I may put more images on my Blog than I send out because I know some people check my Blog on a daily basis. I wonder what percentage of you are still on dial-up?

1 comment:

bearkat said...

HI Bruce,
I do think you would enjoy walking around the woods in your area much more!! The alligators reminded me of my trip to Florida in 89. Seems like Fall is coming too early, the trees are already starting to turn color:( I do enjoy your photo blog!!! Have lite high speed internet here.....Have a great week:):)

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...