Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nativity Scenes

For people who live in the St. John's area, the annual exhibit of Nativity Scenes is open at the Basilica Museum. I have attended the exhibition for the past two years and photographed over 100 Nativity Scenes. I plan to visit again this year.

I am sending two images this morning. The first is a close up of the Babe in a Manger. The second is a Li Bien Ornament from China. Li Bien means "inside" and the ornament is painted on the inside of the bulb through a tiny opening, a very time-consuming process no doubt.

We are approaching the Christmas season, a time to think of Peace and Love. For the past two years I have included many Nativity Scenes as Photo of the Day. After my visit to the exhibit, I will send along a Nativity Scene as part of my Photo of the Day. I will continue to send other photos as well.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...