Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

The house with snow was taken on New Year's Eve in 2001. I believe that may have been the last Christmas that I remember photographing Christmas scenes with snow.
The Nativity scene today is a triptych (see definition below).


(A triptych (pronounced "trip-tick," from the
Greek tri- "three" + ptychē "fold") is a work of art (usually a panel painting) which is divided into three sections, or three carved panels which are hinged together. The central panel is the most important one, and this is flanked on either side by two lesser but related paintings. The whole is intended to be greater than the sum of the parts. Wikipedia.)

I am also including a Christmas "Card", one of several I created yesterday that I will send to you over the next few days. The first card is an abstract image of a Nativity scene in my house. As I took this photo I moved the camera while taking the photo. I really liked the result - a couple of figures in focus (pure luck) and other figures in the background and appearing to be more transparent ...
____________________________________________________________

Photo of the Day - The gift that keeps on giving.

If you know friends and family that may enjoy receiving my Photo of the Day, please send them a copy of today's Photo of the Day and tell them to click the link below.

Photographer, K. Bruce Lane, sends a free Photo of the Day to over 750 people around the world. Photographic subjects vary but most are taken in Newfoundland and Labrador.

To join the Photo of the Day list, click the link below and SEND.
I accept your invitation to join the Photo of the Day List





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...