Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Blue Flag Iris and Nativity 4

This morning I am sending two photos of the blue flag iris. This plant grows in the boggy area behind my house in Holyrood, but I have seen them in most areas I have visited in Newfoundland and Labrador. They are beautiful flowers that I photograph often.

The Nativity scene today is from Peru and is made from wood and textile. For those of you who plan to visit the exhibit presently on display at the Basilica museum, you will see little signs like the one in today's photo that provides information about where the Nativity scene is from and what it is made of. When I was there, I photographed scenes with and, where possible, without the signs. I included the sign in today's photo for two reasons. First, I wanted you to see what they looked like. Second, the photo I took without the sign was slightly out of focus. : ) The sign is about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in height. Notice how this scene reflects the culture of the artist.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...