Tuesday, November 07, 2006

St. John's - The Rooms

In July, I visited The Rooms, the new museum and art gallery in St. John's, and took a few photos looking out over the harbour.

To get the first photo, I stood as close to the window as possible to avoid reflections. Afterwards, I stepped back and photographed a similar scene, this time capturing the windows and a couple of people enjoying the view.


Because the scene was bright and I exposed the photo for the outside, the framing of the windows and the people are silhouettes. If I were shooting this scene and I wanted to be able to identify the people, I would have to use a flash or the scenery in the background would be too bright.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...