Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sunrise, Deer Lake

I have just arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia and have access to the Internet again.

I spent a week in the Deer Lake/Corner Brook area. The weather was pretty good for a couple of days, but we had rain for the last three days I was there. I visited Gros Morne National Park three times and to Lark Harbour once. I plan to upload some of the photos to this site. I will be photographing parts of Nova Scotia over the next two weeks.

Today's sunrise photos were taken as the sun rose through the thick fog on the Humber River near the town of Deer Lake. I always find that early morning is a great time to take photos and this morning was no exception. I found it interesting that the sun was the exact size to fit between the tips of the branches in the first photo.

I have warned persons on my Photo of the Day list to be careful not to stare at the sun for too long when photographing sunrises and sunsets. It can be hard on the eyes!!

If you would like to receive my Photo of the Day in your email instead of referring to my Blog, send an email to blane@lanephotography.com with Photo of the Day in the Subject line.

My Photo of the Day will resume in late August.








No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...