Saturday, March 14, 2020

Narwhal





Narwhal

In 2003, I accompanied Captain Ed Kean on board the Mottak to photograph his crew collecting icebergs.  To everyone's surprise, a narwhale approached our boat.  I photographed it on 2 different occasions over a period of a month.  It was hanging around a huge iceberg that eventually became grounded in Spaniard's Bay.  

The first photo has been published in several magazines and books around the world.  Seeing a narwhal this far south is very rare.  I consider myself lucky to have seen one.  

This sequence of photos was taken as I sat on the gunnels of a small boat and the narwhal came up to look at me.  I kept shooting photos and I believe it was hearing the "beeps" each time the camera focussed!

Feel free to share with family and friends.

No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...