Sunday, April 07, 2019

Gaskiers/Point la Haye












Gaskiers/Point la Haye

Today I am starting another series in which I plan to share photos of Gaskiers and Point la Haye, 2 communities along the Irish Loop on the Avalon Peninsula.  

The photos are from the late 1900s and early 2000s making most of them nearly 20 years old.  It seems like yesterday when I was driving around the Irish Loop photographing every community.  Twenty years fly by quickly!  I combined both communities for purposes of this series because when you take photos from Point la Haye, the town of Gaskiers is in the background, and when you photograph Gaskiers, Point la Haye is often in the background.  I will create albums with all the photos and provide a link at the end.



I am starting with photos from the town of Gaskiers.  The windsurfers were photographed from Point la Haye looking towards Gaskiers in 1998. The rest of the photos were taken in 2002.

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...