Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Highland Village















Highland Village


The third place we visited while in Nova Scotia was Highland Village, located in Cape Breton Island about an hours drive from Sydney.  To be honest, though I had directions on my phone, I got lost on the way down from the Trans Canada Highway.  The problem was that my directions showed Road numbers, but the road signs did not.  There were few signs for the attraction on the way down.

This village is run by the Nova Scotia Museum and has buildings and displays dating from the time people were leaving Scotland to come to the New World.  There are buildings that show how people lived throughout the time in between.  As well, there are people dressed in period costumes who explained what life was like. Of course, I photographed most of the buildings inside and out and will share them over the next week or so.


As well, I plan to start a new album on my Travel Facebook Page in which I will share the photos.

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...