Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sherbrooke Village 8











Sherbrooke Village 8


As I walked around the village, I photographed several hens and a rooster that were roaming free.  The duck and turkeys were kept in long pens.  When I had ducks and hens back in the 1980s, they were kept in my shed at night, but were "free range" during the day.   I photographed the pens because, if I get more, I wil need to keep them enclosed during the day.  Ours were all killed by roaming dogs back in the day.  We had 6 hens, 1 rooster, 6 ducks and a drake, and we started with 2 rabbits, but ended up with 8 before the dogs got them.  After the dogs, I gave the remaining hens to a neighbour and let the lone duck go in a pond where there were hundreds of ducks.

There are a few photos of other houses and buildings today as well.

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...