Monday, September 24, 2018

Sherbrooke Village 19



















Sherbrooke Village 19

This is the last day of my Sherbrooke Village Series and I hope you have enjoyed the photos that I have shared over the past 3 weeks.   Today's photos show the rest of the houses, many of which were private and couldn't be photographed from the inside.

It is too bad that our province didn't do similar projects around the province after the collapse of the cod fishery.  There were many towns and communities that had the infrastructure to set up "villlages" where people could teach the skills required to be a fisherperson and show tourists how it used to be to live and work in tiny rural communities in Newfoundland and Labrador.

One attraction that could easily benefit from this approach would be the Random Passage Movie Set in New Bonaventure.  I have visited this set twice and have not seen people dressed in period costumes pretending to be the characters in the book and movie.  Maybe they do it now (last time I was there was in 2013).  It would be more interesting than having someone there to give a tour.

I have been sharing my Sherbrooke Village photos on Facebook as well.  You can view the entire album here - https://www.facebook.com/967829226723379/photos/?tab=album&album_id=986061924900109

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

  

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...