Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Great Egret









Great Egret


Each night as the sun sinks lower in the sky, many species of birds come to roost in the trees on a small island.  Great egrets are among the largest and cause quite a stir when they land near other birds.  It is interesting to watch them as they squawk and fight over a place to spend the night.  When the large white egrets spread their wings, it is great for photos, but probably quite intimidating to smaller birds.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...