Sunday, August 13, 2017

Chuckley Pear

June 12, 2017



August 10, 2017



Chuckley Pear

This summer I made avn effort to identify a specie of shrub in my yard.  My earlier attempt identified it as a chuckley pear, but is was not quite the same as the other chuckley pears on my property.  I photographed it when in bloom and again with fruit.  As soon as I saw the berries I was convinced my earlier guess was correct.


I referred to "Native Trees and Shrubs of Newfoundland and Labrador" by A. Glen Ryan and found that there may be as many as 18 species of chuckley pears in this province, which explains my confusion.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...