Sunday, May 07, 2017

Circus, 1996















Circus, 1996

I stopped by the "circus" that was visiting St. John's in the summer of 1996.  I remember being horrified by the small cages the cheetahs were being kept in.  The fastest land animal on the planet was meant to run and hunt on the plains of Africa, not be kept in a cage in which it can barely stretch out. 


I realize that circuses have changed in the past 20 years, and many have closed completely, because of changing attitudes towards keeping animals in captivity.  Back then I decided NOT to support this circus because of the small cages and I don't remember going to another since I took these photos!

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.


You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...