Sunday, November 11, 2012

Villefranche, France 10

















Villefranche, France 10

Today's photos were taken inside the old fort on the harbour's edge in Villefranche. I really didn't know what to expect inside the fort but was surprised to see a hotel and many business offices. It was lunch time when I was there so I didn't see much activity. In fact it was deserted except for a few tourists walking around making photographs.

There weren't any narrow streets inside the fort, but lots of colourful windows and doors, antiques, and sculptures. The seventh photo shows a guard house where soldiers could look out over the harbour to keep watch. I've uploaded a couple of photos taken from inside one of these smaller structures. several of which were located in various positions along the side of the fort facing the ocean.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

2 comments:

William F Matthews said...

Several of the pictures contain a shadowed area. I liked the first one in particular.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks ...

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...