Saturday, July 07, 2012

Silver Fox/Snowshoe Hare









Silver Fox/Snowshoe Hare

While walking through the snowshoe hare enclosure looking for small, well-camouflaged "rabbits", I spotted an eye looking at me through the grass. A minute or so later the hare hopped into a more open spot allowing me to make a few images.

The silver fox (a red fox with black and silver fir) was out and about its enclosure and I was able to make several photos before it walked away and lay down out of sight.

Both these animals are natural enemies and are common in this province. I have seen and photographed them in the wild, though both species are elusive and  usually avoid people.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...