Thursday, November 24, 2011

St. Peter's Basilica 4









St. Peter's Basilica 4

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

These are the final photos in the series of photos taken in St. Peter's Basilica, Rome. Several people have commented on the beauty of the churches in the cities I visited during the Mediterranean cruise I took in June. I still have photos to share of one more church in Rome, two in Ravenna and one in Barcelona.

As we were leaving the church, I noticed two beautiful sculptures of angels and took out my camera once again. I can only imagine the skill of the sculptors who could carve such beautiful figures from a piece of rock. I photographed both of the sculptures individually and in each someone walked into the scene. I cropped the last photo this morning, but couldn't get rid of the top of a guy's head. I could probably spend some time taking it out, but wanted to show you how difficult it was to make photos because of the crowds in this church. I have to admit that photographing the three churches in the Old City of Rome was a lot easier because there were very few people in them.

If you are enjoying the art I've shared so far in this series but haven't been checking my Blog, I invite you to check the extra photos I have been uploading each day. A much wider selection of Christian Art has been posted to my Blog.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...