Monday, November 14, 2011

Saint Nicholas Cathedral 1









Saint Nicholas Cathedral 1

When we visited Monaco/Monte Carlo, one of the stops on our tour was Saint Nicholas Cathedral. Unfortunately our tour guide "whisked" us through the inside as fast as she could go. I shot as fast as I could with the Nikon Coolpix P500, but because I did not want to get separated from the group, I couldn't actually stop to make the photos I wanted. Today I am sharing a few inages taken from the outside as the guide told us about the building and a few of the inside. Tomorrow, I'll finish the series with other photos taken insdie the church.

This church was consecrated in the mid-1800s and was built at the site of the original Saint Nicholas church built in the 1200s.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...