Monday, November 07, 2011

La Rambla Church 1









La Rambla Church 1

As my wife and I walked along La Rambla in Barcelona church bells caught our attention and we decided to walk through the church even though we didn't even know it was there until the bells rang out. I am not sure of the name of this church - I did not see a name anywhere on the inside or outside. When we entered, we realized that the bells indicated a service was about to begin, so we didn't have much time to make photos. I will share 18 photos over the next two days.

This was the first test of my new Nikon Coolpix P500 which I hoped would help with inside photos. This particular church was so dark that I thought that the photos would not come out very well. However, to my surprise, the photos were excellent despite the poor lighting.

As with the artwork in the stained glass windows I shared last week, you can view the images I took in the churches of the Mediterranean as examples of Christian Art, some of which date back as far as the 600s.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...