Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Iceberg

On the way home yesterday, I drove to the top of Signal Hill to see where the icebergs were. The one I photographed in Black Head eight days ago is no longer visible. The large one that was close to St. John's Harbour is not visible from my vantage point. The only one visible was the same one I photographed from Quidi Vidi Village in the fog last Friday.

I am sending two views of the same scene: a vertical (portrait) and a horizontal (landscape) version. The third image is a closer view taken with my 70-300 mm lens at maximum zoom. This is a large iceberg but there are no boats to compare it to and we are looking down on it, both of which tend to make it seem smaller than it is.





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...