Monday, April 18, 2016

Wood Stork 2















Wood Stork 2

Wood storks are large birds that feed in the shallow waters in Florida. They are listed as a threatened species but there were quite a few around Citrus Park this winter. When the weather was cool (for Florida) and the water was high, these birds just hung out near the water, but weren't foraging for food.

One morning I saw a wood stork climb into the sky, catch a thermal and just soared higher and higher. It was the first time I had ever seen one of these larger birds circle higher and higher just for the fun of it.


Feel free to visit my Wood Stork Gallery online at: http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/wood_stork/wood_stork_01.htm

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...