Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Alligators 2











Alligators 2

The first two photos show a fairly large alligator on Sanibel Island in Florida. It was 8-9 feet long and very dark in colour. I moved fairly close to the large animal and got several close views with my 70-300 mm lens.

People there warned me that alligators can run fast and gave me advice about how to run if it charged. I was a little nervous, but the alligator was sunning itself and I took a chance.


The alligator in the water was photographed in Citrus Park and was a smaller animal - about 5-6 feet in length.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...