Monday, April 11, 2016

Barefoot Beach










Barefoot Beach

Barefoot Beach is located in Bonita Springs, Florida and around 10 minutes drive from where I stayed. Most years we get to the beach a few times, but this year they had red tide warnings for quite a while and advised people with respiratory problems to stay away. They also had rip tide warnings for much of the time we were there. As a result, I only got to that beach once and plan to share photos of my 1 hour walk on the beach over the next few days.


Usually there are lots of birds around the beach, however I saw two only: a brown pelican and a white ibis. Pelicans are usually flying around the beach looking for food, however, I have never seen a white ibis looking for food on the beach before. Usually they wander through grassy areas eating bugs. Occasionally I see them on the edge of a small pond or canal but never by salt water.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:


No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...