Saturday, April 23, 2016

Alligators 5



















Alligators 5

Earlier in this series I mentioned that it is difficult for you to tell how big an alligator is in a photograph. The photos today show small alligators. One is around 1 m (3 feet) and the other is 1.5 m (4.5 feet). Even small alligators look dangerous and most people stay away from them.

Of course, I usually photograph alligators from a golf cart with a good zoom lens, but sometimes I do get close enough to make the alligators nervous and they quickly move into the water. I know how fast they can move, and realize that I am lucky they don't come towards me. :)



You can see the small alligator that the people are looking at in one of the photos - it looks like a small log on the grass nearly in the centre about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...