Sunday, September 21, 2014

PEI 6













PEI 6

St. Peter's Harbour Lighthouse was visible from the beach near our lodgings near Morrell, PEI and when I walked along the long beach the top was visible behind the sand dunes.  It was a strange place for a lighthouse because it seemed to be lower than the surrounding dunes.  I assumed the dunes got higher over time and since the 10.4 m tower was built in 1865 it is a logical conclusion.  Yesterday I shared a couple of photos of the remnants of a small wharf nearby.


Today I have also uploaded photos of the sand dunes near the lighthouse and you can probably imagine how much the sand has shifted in 150 years.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...