Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall 15










Fall  15

Before I end this Fall Series, I thought I'd share images scanned from slides that date back to the early 1970's when I purchased my first 35 mm camera, a Miranda Sensorex that I purchased in 1970 while working a summer job in Timmins, Ontario.  In those days I was paid once a month and the camera and one roll of slide film cost around $225, nearly 1/2 the first cheque I received that summer. I was a happy 21 year old when I left the camera store that day!

The first six photos were taken in Holyrood in the early 1980's.  This time of the year you will see many large maples with bright yellow leaves as you drive along the Conception Bay highway.  The dogberry (mountain ash) trees were photographed in my front yard on the Salmonier Line in Holyrood.

The bright red maple was photographed in Central Newfoundland near Grand Falls/Windsor.  I made several images of this tree including this one, made as I stood underneath and looked up to capture the colourful sight.  The tall birches were also photographed in Central Newfoundland.


The young maple was growing close to a fence in downtown St. John's.  In 1982, I visited Pippy Park in St. John's to make Fall photos.  I always liked the one with the trunk of a large tree in the foreground with colourful leaves in the background.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...