Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flowers






I have been sharing virtual tours of communities in Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia since early June and am resuming my "normal" Photo of the Day this morning. Throughout the summer I have taken many photographs of flowers growing around my property but have not shared them with you.

I have identified the first flower as a black-eyed Susan. There are five patches of these flowers growing wild in my back yard. Last year I had several old packs of wildflower seeds and threw them all around. This year the black-eyed Susans appeared so I am assuming the seeds were among those I threw out.

I haven't identified the flowers shown in the second photo, but these also appeared this year. If anyone knows what type of flower this is, let me know. They are on small spindly stalks (8-12in high) and the individual flowers are about 1 inch. There are also white flowers that look nearly identical (I uploaded a photo to my Blog if you want to check it out.)

The last photo shows beautiful pink blooms on a double impatiens. My wife purchased these at a local nursery and they have bloomed prolifically the whole summer. The small blooms are very pretty. Except for regular watering, these flowers required very little maintenance.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...