Monday, April 20, 2009

Birds in Flight






Many people tend to take the wildlife in their areas for granted. I seldom see people looking at the birds flying overhead. I try to photograph every bird in flight, especially the large birds in Florida.

While a red-shouldered hawk soared directly above me, I made 25 photos before it moved away. The great egret (white heron) flew over rather quickly and I was able to capture 14 images before it was out of range. The white ibis in the third photo flew so quickly that I was only able to take 3 photos. I liked the way the light illuminated the feathers of the outstretched wings against the deep blue sky in each of the images.

Photographing birds in flight is a challenge because the birds and camera are moving. My camera allows me to shoot 3 photos per second and I can shoot 27 images before the camera begins to slow down. This enables me to take enough photos to ensure I get a few that are in focus. I used my 70-300 mm lens to capture today's images.




No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...