Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birds in Flight 2







Continuing with the Birds in Flight series, I am sharing photos of two hawks this morning: the osprey (fish hawk) and the swallow tailed kite.

I have photographed osprey many times, both in Florida and Newfoundland, and have many good images in my collection. A great place to photograph osprey here in Newfoundland is the Bellvue, Trinity Bay. In fact, they call that area of the province the Osprey Trail.
The swallow tailed kite, however, has eluded me in the past, but I was able to capture a few good images of one as it flew by near an orange orchard in Florida.


I used a 70-300 mm lens at maximum zoom to capture these images.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...