Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tropical Storm Chantal

Tropical Storm Chantal wreaked havoc on the Avalon Peninsula today causing millions of dollars worth of damage. Many towns are isolated because their highways have been washed away by rushing water and several communities declared states of emergency because of the damage caused by this storm.

Holyrood wasn't hit too hard, and I made a few trips around town taking photos of the water on streets, in yards and flowing in rivers. I have uploaded a web page with 20 photos. You can view them at:
http://lanephotography.com/holyrood/storm/tropical_storm_chantal.htm



1 comment:

bearkat said...

wow..hope you will be okay!!! I sure wouldn't want to be cleaning up all that water...hope for the best!!

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...