Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blueberries

About 20 people confirmed that yesterday's photos were purple loosestrife. Thanks.

This morning I am sending photos of blueberries that are growing about 30 feet from my back deck. I picked a container of berries there a couple of days ago and have been eating fresh blueberries and ice cream, blueberry sauce and toutons (fried bread dough ), and blueberry sauce on toast. They are also excellent when eaten with yogurt; in cereal, muffins, pies and pancakes; and as jams and jellies.


So far this year (as you know from my Photo of the Day) I have picked bakeapples, raspberries and blueberries. I will probably pick more blueberries because they can be frozen and eaten throughout the winter.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi Bruce...am enjoying your pictures...the loose strife makes me think of fireweed!!!....must be in the color!! ...you were almost making my mouth water..thinking about all those fresh berries!!! :) :)

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...