Sunday, January 14, 2024

Cottonmouth Snake















Cottonmouth Snake

While driving through The Everglades in Florida, I stopped to photograph a snake that was on the road. I took a few before the snake decided to slither back into the brush. I followed and took a few more photos, even after it turned around and faced me. I estimate I was 4 or 5 feet away. It was then that a lady who stopped to see what type of snake it was warned me to back away because it was a cottonmouth snake and they were one of the most venomous snakes in Florida!

I later researched them online, and I realized that I was lucky that this snake wasn't aggressive!

I added these photos to my Trip Through The Everglades Facebook Album. If you haven't been following this album on my K. Bruce Lane Travel Page you can view it here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.911817687298334&type=3

Feel Free to Share!

 

No comments:

The Butterfly Farm

The Butterfly Farm If you like butterflies, you will enjoy a visit to a butterfly farm. Today I started a new album featuring photos I took ...