Tuesday, February 16, 2021

February 16











February 16

For me, the highlight of today's photos are the ones of the small alligator with a very large fish.  I was driving by Trost Pond when I spotted an alligator climbing out of the water with a big fish in its mouth.  I stopped to photograph it, but it retreated back into the water.  I was patient and it soon became obvious that it wanted to climb ashore with its catch.  I stayed with it until it finally climbed up onto the bank.  I continued to stay hoping to capture it trying to swallow the big fish.  A few teenagers stopped by to take a few photos, but this scared it back into the water.  It was then that I gave up after an hour or so of stalking the alligator.

You can view today's album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=kbrucelanetravel&set=a.1730382430468051

Feel free to share! 


No comments:

Grates Cove Grates Cove is a scenic little community on the NW tip of the Avalon Peninsula. I recommend it if you haven't explored the m...