Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Chipmunks













Chipmunks

I am sharing photos of wildlife I photographed in my yard.  Another animal that was introduced in the 1960s was the eastern chipmunk.  They were released in Butterpot Park, around 3 miles from here, but haven't been as successful as the red squirrel.  IN fact, I heard a wildlife biologist state on radio that we don't have chipmunks on the island.  However, we have had them around here for many years.

Usually, I see them in early spring, but not all summer.  There were a couple here last week, but I haven't seen them since.  Cats tend to catch chipmunks easier than squirrels, so the cats around here are probably keeping the population down.

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...