Saturday, October 15, 2016

Salmonier Nature Park









Salmonier Nature Park

We saw 3 moose at the Salmonier Nature Park when we were there a week ago.  I was hoping to see the “baby” moose I photographed there earlier this year, but I didn’t see it.  You may think that it is a shame to keep moose penned in, but the moose at the Salmonier Nature Park usually end up there because they have been injured.  Occasionally, a baby moose is brought there when its mother has been killed.  I believe that some animals have been released back into the wild when they have recovered or are able to take care of themselves.

As we walked around the beaver pond, I noticed that the water was much higher than last time I was there.  Then, a little further on, just a few feet from the boardwalk, we saw a new beaver house; at least the mud and sticks looked very recent.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...