Friday, June 24, 2016

Spring 2







Spring 2
 
When  returned from Florida at the end of March, I noticed that there was a lot of dried grass in my birdhouse but didn’t notice any birds coming or going.  Then on June 7 I noticed a squirrel coming out of the entrance with a baby squirrel in its mouth.  It carried the baby down the tree and into the woods.  I didn’t have my camera and by the time I got my phone ready, it was over.
 
Throughout the day, I watched and waited but didn’t see it until later when our grandchildren were here.  Despite the kids, the squirrel took another baby out of the house but, again, by the time I got my camera it was over.  The photos show the adult squirrel keeping an eye on me from the house, and one of a baby with eyes barely open looking out of the entrance.
 

I was looking forward to the swallows returning to this house, however, I guess it was occupied if they returned.  I’ve seen swallows flying around here so I guess they may have found another home this year. 

 Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...