Thursday, October 29, 2015

Stained Glass Windows 2











Stained Glass Windows 2
Immaculate Conception Cathedral
Grand Falls-Windsor

Thanks for positive comments on the photos I shared that were taken yesterday here in Holyrood. Today I am returning to the Stained Glass Windows series.

No matter where I go, most of the time the stained glass windows are visual representations of stories from the Bible. I have photographed several that do not follow that format, but that is the subject of another series. :)


The reason is because in the middle ages, when many large churches were being built, most people could not read, so the stained glass windows told the important Bible stories and parishioners could "see" them in the windows and other art.




Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...